Vinyl fencing is a great choice for homeowners and business. Vinyl fencing will not rot or warp like wood fencing. You don’t have to paint or stain a vinyl fence. While vinyl fencing is virtually maintenance free, it is a good idea to wash your fence once a season to keep it clean and looking good.
Vinyl fences can change colors if not cleaned. Algae can grow on your vinyl fence discoloring it green or yellow. Keeping wet grass clippings off of your vinyl fence by hosing it off with water after cutting the grass. Rake leaves and do not allow them to pile up on the fence.
How to Clean Your Vinyl Fence
You can easily clean your vinyl fence yourself with ordinary dish soap and water. You can use the bucket method or if your lucky to have a power washer you can use that. If your not lucky enough to have a power washer then the bucket method will have to do.
- Vinyl fence cleaner or dish soap
- Garden hose
- Soft brush, sponge, or cleaning rags
- Rubber gloves if desired
It will make cleaning the fence easier if you trim back plants and bushes that are growing on or up to your vinyl fence. You may want to cover up delicate plants before cleaning so you do not damage them. Choose a mild cleaner that will not damage your plants. Only use a cleaner that is safe for vinyl, harsh chemicals can damage your fencing.
Cleaning Your Vinyl Fence
- Spray the fence with the hose to loosen dirt and debris
- Mix your soap or cleaning solution. If you are using a vinyl fence cleaner follow the instructions on the bottle.
- Wash the fence with warm soapy water or the cleaning solution. Pay special attention to the bottom and heavily soiled areas. A soft cleaning brush can help with hard ears.
- Hose off fence with water
NOTE: Use soft scrub brushes only – rough scrubbers can scratched your vinyl fence. Harsh chemicals can damage your vinyl fence too. Only use vinyl safe cleaners.
The expert fence installers at Central Iowa Fencing can install or repair your fence and gate. Central Iowa Fencing offers many styles of fencing in a variety of materials and colors.
Call us today (515) 829-8117.